Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Disappearing Chocolate Chip Cookies



Do I really need another chocolate chip cookie? I think so because these are just amazing. I would feel guilty if I didn't share this treasure. I had to name them the Disappearing Chocolate Chip Cookies--they will be gone before you know it.
This is a basic chocolate chip cookie with just a few small differences.  A very small amount of cinnamon and toasting the pecans both add to the extra flavor. Melting the butter makes them super easy. How many times have you over micro'd butter? Room temperature is hard to achieve, I am speaking from experience here. You make the cookies in the pan you melted the butter in. Ingenious I say. Try this recipe, be prepared they do disappear quickly.

Disappearing Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 cup butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips--I like 60% Cocoa Chips by Ghirdelli
1 cup white chocolate chips--I like to take a bar of white chocolate and cut it into chunks
1 cup toasted pecans--toast pecans on a baking sheet in a 350 oven for 7 minutes or till fragrant

In a medium saucepan melt butter. Remove from heat and add sugars. Stir until incorporated and smooth. Chill the mixture for 10 minutes.
Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla,.
Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and oatmeal. Mix well.
Add chips and coarsely chopped pecans.
Using a medium cookie scoop place cookies on a parchment lined sheet--chill for 30 minutes.
Bake at 325 for 14 minutes. Cool the cookie a few minutes then slide on a cooling rack.
Watch out these delicious cookies will disappear quickly!
Printable Recipe


Recipe inspired by the Cooking Channel

1 comment:

Missy said...

Pinning these! They look right up my dad's alley! Yum!